Skip to content

Katrina Marie Hernandez

Katrina Marie Hernandez

Funeral services for Katrina Marie Hernandez, 27, of Lubbock, formerly of Levelland, will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 30, at St. Michael’s Catholic Church with Rev. Jonathan Phillips and Rev. Martin Pena officiating.

Interment will follow in the City of Levelland Cemetery, under the direction of Head Duarte Funeral Home of Levelland.

Visitation will be held from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28 and Thursday, Oct. 29, at Head Duarte Funeral Home Chapel, with the reciting of the Rosary to be held at 7 p.m. both nights.

She passed away Oct. 12, 2020, in Lubbock.

Katrina was born Dec. 23, 1992, to Alfredo and Rachel Loa Hernandez in Levelland.

She graduated from Frenship High School and worked for Whataburger in Lubbock.

Katrina’s passion in life was to attend church. As a child, she was an altar server every Sunday at church.

She enjoyed cooking, baking and spending quality time with her family.

Katrina would always be buying school supplies for children who were less fortunate and she always was giving to the homeless families, clothing, food and money.

She will be greatly missed by her family and friends.

She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Margarito Hernandez and Catalina Contreras.

She is survived by her parents; brothers: Anthony Hernandez of Lubbock and Alfredo Hernandez, Jr. of Dallas; sisters: Cindy Perez, Mary Elizabeth Perez and Kristy Perez, all of Dallas and Fredisha Perez of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; and grandparents, Antonio and Juanita Loa of Levelland.

8 Comments

1. Ellen Samarron on October 19, 2020 at 2:58 pm

My heart goes out to Freddy and Rachael
    I know you loved your little one and she
    Loved you more than life . She was an angel
    and she is getting her wings now. God help you
    Both,and our prayers are with you in our thoughts.

2. Ellen Samarron on October 19, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Your angel is has now received her wings.

3. Ellen Samarron on October 20, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Our prayers are with you in our hearts

4. Rhea Brock on October 20, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Katrina when you work with me at Walmart, I know you have a big heart. We talk about Church a lot, and I can tell you love both of your parents. You are a very hardworking employee, and I admire you for that. Thank you for your love and kindness. You are respectful to your supervisor and you never given us any problem.
    So my dear friend, Rest In Peace and kiss Jesus for me. I love you and will miss you, until we meet again. 🥰♥️🙏

5. Christi ochoa on October 20, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Such a great person you were truly a mess. I still can’t believe your not here anymore you will never be forgotten.

6. Rachel on October 22, 2020 at 10:37 am

She was an amazing person and will truely be missed. Even though we only knew each other for a short while we became really good friends.. Ohhh how I will miss our laughs, our morning breakfast dates, and especially your baking. I know heaven gained a beautiful angel 😇.. And even though none of us were ready for you to go we understand that God had other plans for you… Love you Katrina until we meet again.. 🙏

7. David and Maggie Rivera on October 28, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Katrina was our God Daughter for baptismal we enjoyed seeing her and our compadres every Sunday at church , makes us proud that we where apart of her life for the short life she lived. And I trained her to be an alter server and she was a very faithful one at that . We will miss you Katrina and always think of and your big smile . You will serve our Lord very well in Heaven.

8. Cindy R Perez on October 31, 2020 at 10:53 pm

She was my sister and I will miss her dearly. Now she is in Gods hands and that makes me happy. I will see her soon enough. I love you Katrina