Skip to content

Ricky Henderson indicted for 1993 murder, charged in wife’s disappearance

By Kati Moody
News Editor

Ricky Don Henderson was indicted by a Hockley County grand jury Friday for the murder of Stephane Shae Henderson.

The indictment was unsealed Tuesday. It says on or about November 27, 1993, Henderson caused the death of Stephane Shae Henderson by a manner and means unknown to the grand jury.

The second paragraph in the indictment says on or about November 27, 1993, Henderson committed an act clearly dangerous to human life, by a manner and means unknown to the grand jury, which caused the death of Stephane Henderson.

Angela Overman, district attorney for the 286th District Court, said this case has not been taken before a grand jury until now for indictment. However, she would not comment further on the case as the investigation is ongoing.

Randy Nelson, investigator for the district attorney’s office, said the investigation into the case involves multiple agencies.

According to the Texas Rangers’ cold case file on Stephane Henderson, she went missing from her home in Levelland on November 27, 1993. She was 21 years old at the time. Stephane had contacted her grandmother to pick her up but when the grandmother arrived, Stephane was gone. Henderson told the grandmother at that time Stephane had left with friends to Hobbs, New Mexico. She was not seen again.

Henderson was also named a person of interest in the 2018 homicide of 20-year-old Jeannie Quinn of Levelland. Henderson was not charged in that case but was arrested for a parole violation and subsequently indicted for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor, a second-degree felony, by a Hockley County grand jury. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison for that charge after pleading guilty in 2019.

Henderson was also sentenced to 25 years in prison for a drug charge in Taylor County. He was transferred to the TDCJ facility in Huntsville where he is currently being held.


Leave a Comment